Wyoming Psychological Association Spring 2023 Conference
Saturday, May 20, 2023 - Sunday, May 21, 2023
8:00am - 5:00pm
Please join us for the Wyoming Psychological Association Spring Conference 2023 at Little America, Cheyenne, Wyoming!
Please use the code SPR2023 for a $50 early bird discount!
- All COVID-related guidelines from the State of Wyoming and the Wyoming Department of Health will be followed. These guidelines include social distancing guidelines, mask use, and food handling requirements.
- Each day starts at 8am with breakfast.
- The sessions begin at 9am.
- There will be frequent breaks (food/snacks).
- Ten (10) hours of CEUs will be awarded for successful attendance/completion of all Saturday and Sunday presentation requirements (Certificates will be available at the conclusion of the workshop via email).
- First responders, presenters/panelists and students are free but must register to attend. Please use the appropriate registration option below.
Understanding and Treating First Responders; a competent and holistic approach
A conference including personal experiences from, and open conversations with, first responders from across Wyoming. Hear both clinical insights from mental health professionals, and how the clinical data plays out in real and vulnerable stories from law enforcement, fire, dispatch, and EMS. This is truly a rare opportunity to network with and hear from professionals who rarely share their experiences outside of their own communities, as well as to gain competence working with first responders. Due to the sensitive and personal nature of the topics, and our desire for open and honest dialogue, we are offering this conference in person only at the Little America in Cheyenne. Come and build relationships with one another as well as first responders across the state at this unique conference!
Please feel free to direct any questions to myself (email@example.com) or Dr. Bayuk, and please pass this invitation along to any masters or doctoral level clinicians you have contact with whether or not they are currently involved with the WPA! Students are free to attend, and always welcome!
Saturday May 20:
9-11am: Intro, structure of different agencies and populations, stages of the career, Internal stressors
11-11:30am: EMS specific
11:30-12pm: Dispatch specific
1-2pm: External stressors
2-3pm: Trauma/Critical Incidents/WHP specific
3-5pm: Captain Brown and Officer Bigelow from Casper PD
5pm: Social Hour and Poster session at the hotel
Sunday May 21:
9-10am: Chief Eckerdt, Powell PD
10-11am: Fire specific
11-12am: Treating first responders and close
Event LocationLittle America
2800 West Lincolnway
Cheyenne, WY, 82001